Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Rivers

I love to fish rivers, every single one I have ever been on is different. They may be generally the same in some areas, but each one has it's own identity. The state of Missouri has such a wide range of rivers...I wish I had time to see them all. I have floated all over the state--from the sluggish turbid northeastern Mississippi river tributaries to the clear spring fed creeks of the Ozarks. I have yet to make it to the south west part of the state, but it is only a matter of time.

Upper Current river in late September.

Photobucket

St Francis river
Photobucket

Jacks fork river

Photobucket
Photobucket

Eleven point river in December
Photobucket

I especially love the small streams. Wade fishing these streams takes me back to my childhood, every bend in the river has something new to see and another fish to catch. I will walk for miles down some creeks. I am almost always alone on most of the little creeks that I fish.


A small Mississippi river tributary in Southern Missouri
Photobucket

Another from a watershed farther to the south
Photobucket


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment